Believe it or not, we made it to Cypress Cove for the first time all summer today! With teaching summer school and some rainy days we hadn't been able to get to the pool for the day and weekends have been so busy. We've tried to get out in the backyard pool and sprinklers as much as we can. Also, I need an extra pair of hands - Natalie came along. Logan's first trip to a big pool and Carter's first opportunity to test out all his new skills from swimming lessons. This was no backyard swimming adventure for sure! Carter was a fishie swimming under the water, slipping and sliding down the slide, tossing his new lizard and squirting water at everyone, so so brave! I kept saying "Daddy'd be so proud of you!" I wish he could have seen him playing shark in the water - Natalie was the boat and it ran out of gas! Yikes! At first Logan was quite clingy - he's a boy who prefers a ball or a sandbox over your backyard blow-up pool, which is odd considering how much he splashes and kicks in the tub every other night. After a big piece of pizza and some applesauce and a few laps 'round the lazy river he was much more comfortable, daring, and brave crawling toward the less shallow water, climbing out and backing back in, splashing, kicking and even eventually enjoying the fountains of water Carter attacked. Fun in the sun! I can't believe how much fun I had with them today. I loved every minute of it and I think they did too! 




No comments:
Post a Comment