Carter runs off like mad, headed for the bathroom.
I hear...
Carter: G--E--R--B--E--R. Toilet! Mom, did I spell it right?
Mommy (laughing): Yes Carter. (realizing it's the brand of toilet and he was reading the letters as he peed. yep, my child will miss the word toilet on a future spelling test!)
A few days later...
Carter: Mommy why did you drive off to that part?
Mommy: There was a police car -- everyone pulls over for emergency vehicles: police, ambulances, fire trucks. You've got to get out of their way when they're on the way to an emergency.
C: Where did you go on the road?
M: What do you mean? the shoulder?
I went on to explain the part of the road called the shoulder used for emergencies like flat tires, running out of gas, stopping if you get sick, emergency vehicles.
C: Oh.
LATER...
M: Carter tell Grandma what Mommy did when we had to get out of the policeman's way on the road on our way here. Do you remember? Where did we pull over?
C: Oh, yeah yeah. Onto the elbow.
No comments:
Post a Comment