
Yesterday we had Ava's 2-month check-up with Dr. Law. Today she is nine weeks old! It was such an easy appointment. Ava seems to be doing great. She's responding to our voices, she's cooing and full of smiles. She's 12 pounds and 3 ounces and 23 1/4 inches long (76th and 78th percentiles). She goes about 4 hours between feedings during the day and has been sleeping from 8:30 or 9:00 at night until 5:00 or 5:30 in the morning and back down until 8:30. Dr. Law assumed she must love tummy-time since she's got "such a beautiful head and no bald spot!" Hahaha...yeah she tolerates it but I have to admit she doesn't do it three times a day every day. We get it in though every once in awhile. I'm not worried, she's really strong and holds up her head really well. It's not easy when it's summer and we're out and about a lot. I've made myself some promises after this visit though:
1. commit to doing tummy time more often.
2. give the girl a rattle (they asked if she's grasping a rattle yet - I've never given her one! she does grasp onto our finger though and that counts for something, right?!)
3. read to her and only her more often - yeah she hears stories with the boys, but I have to be better about reading those wonderful boardbooks to her and only her as well as including her when we're reading about Hummers, BMX bikes, baseball players, caribou and hyenas (the boys are way into nonfiction these days!)
There are some many new things coming for us with Ava over these next couple months. I hope time goes by slowly because she's the last one and I want to enjoy every minute of her being a baby!
1 comment:
Something about this picture reminds me of one of your baby pictures! I'm not sure which one, but I totally see you in her!!
Love, Natalie
Post a Comment