11.01.2009

pumpkins

PUMPKIN PICKING
This year we took the kids to Sonny Acres. We fed the goats, llamas, and sheep and picked out our pumpkins. The boys were both tired, it had been a busy day and neither of them were that into it. I had more fun on the second grade field trip the week after taking the boys. We got a couple nice pumpkins that we carved a few nights before Halloween.
i love this...pumpkins growing on trees!
PUMPKIN CARVING
Once again, Logan was more into the goopy, wet, and stringy mess involved in scooping out the seeds. Carter didn't like it at first, but eventually scooped away all the insides after Daddy started it. He was cute about planning his jack-o-lantern's face though, drawing out the design onto the paper bag we had spread out to cover the table. Logan just liked poking little holes with the pen! He told me what shapes he wanted and we did his together. After I did the carving they each pushed out the parts and used the tools to finish it off. I didn't plan on carving Ava's little pumpkin, but decided her's would be cute if I carved a little "a" in it.
peek-a-BOO ava!

1 comment:

Jen Vincent said...

Fun! I love pumpkin patches! I was sad that the weather was so gloomy all October and we barely were able to go. Looks like you guys found a great day though! :)