2.01.2008

shake 'n steak

Wednesday night was Young's Steak 'n Shake Night - 20% of each dinner sale went to our school. I took Carter for dinner and never expected him to enjoy being put to work! Originally the boys and I were going to have dinner at 5:30 and I'd do my greeting and shmoozing with the PTA and students from 6-6:30 after Charlie came to get the boys. Turned out the place was so crowded that when Charlie came we were still waiting to be seated! He took Logan home and Carter and I spent the evening together. After dinner I helped out a bit clearing tables and wiping them down (my first waitressing experience!) and Carter joined the fun! I gave him a cute hat, apron and towel and he'd go up to tables of families from school and ask "are you enjoying your meal?" or tell them "let me know if I can get you anything!" He even told one boy he wouldn't be able to get a milkshake dessert if the didn't finish all of his food (hmmmm...where has he heard that before?)! Everyone thought he was ADORABLE! He took it so seriously and had the most fun! As soon as we got home he called Grandma to tell her all about his new job. Later he told Nicole he still wants to be a spaceman but work at "shake n' steak" too. I took these pictures today - I wish I had had my camera that night to get a shot of him with the apron and dish rag at a table!
the first steak 'n shake was opened in normal, il in 1934

No comments: