3.06.2008

ouch!

Sigh. This is the first that I've sat down all day and it's five to eight...After school Carter and I took a little trip to the emergency room. Yep! Leave those two boys of mine alone up in Carter's room for five minutes while I open a piece of mail after getting home from school and picking them up at Gayle's and what do I get? Blood, that's what! A head-and-hands-soaked Carter crying (softly, not even hysterical) and asking "What is all this Mom? You gotta see this Mom!" I had heard some ruckus up there and figured it was the typical "my curious little brother wants something I have" commotion so I was just about on my way. As I approach the staircase and look up into the upsairs hall I see Carter's head and hands covered in blood. Turns out Logan threw Mater at Carter and sliced his head open! OUCH! It's hard to believe but no staples, stitches, or even glue required. My neighbor Laura ran over to get Logan out of the way and took a peek. We couldn't even see the cut there was so much blood dripping. I didn't know what to do being that Charlie's the one in charge of injuries (remember day two home with Logan when Carter busted his chin and needed five stitches?) and last time this much blood was involved Charlie took him to the emergency room, so I figured we'd better go. The hospital's literally two minutes away and the bleeding stopped once we got there. Once it was cleaned I could see it's such a tiny cut! If Charlie were here we probably never would have taken him. Better safe than sorry though, right? Oh! And my brave brave boy only dripped a total of five or six of the tiniest drops of blood on the carpet altogether from his room, down the hall, and down the stairs! Unbelieveable! After all that chaos, aside from the bloody clothes and towel and his head, hands, and face, very little clean-up was required!

Thanks so much to Laura for watching and feeding my one-shoed, no coat Logan over at her house and feeding Charlie, Carter and I their dinner leftovers! The last thing I needed was to have to make a family dinner! Sigh.

Oh, and Logan, no cars for you! We throw balls not cars!

2 comments:

Becky's Blog said...

Oh Julie!!! Never a dull moment, right? I am glad that Carter didn't end up needing any stiches or glue!

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

What an adventure to say the least Julie! I'm so glad Carter is fine and the blood has subsided...for now at least;) We're looking forward to seeing you and the boys in St. Louis in a few weeks!