our sleeping beauty napping this afternoon
5.20.2009
four weeks old
Ava is four weeks old and she's doing pretty well. Not a lot of anything new. Of course she has a couple consistently fussy times of day - dinnertime and bedtime. Dinnertime, well obviously I'm throwing something together to eat and as soon as I start cooking or take a bite she wants to be held. Then there's bedtime. Bedtime's always been one of my favorites - but not lately. I guess when you're a working mom it's the best time of the day - giving baths, pjs on, bedtime stories, talking about the day, "I love you", "See you when the sun comes up"...When you work all day it's a special time to spend with them since you've been away from them all day long. Well Ava's a little challenging some days to get down to sleep during our bedtime routine. Within 5 minutes from when she is put down into her bassinett she's crying. But, good news! Last night she had her feeding at 7:00 p.m. and I got her to sleep at 9:00 after just a fussy hour or so, then before I knew it it was 1:45...still sleeping...and then 2:30...still sleeping...and then 4:45! Up for a feeding. What a stretch! I'd hate to speak too soon, but maybe we're on to something! Here's to more nights like last night in our near future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment