I hope all Mommies out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I did! Charlie got me flowers, a spa day and a couple cute cards from him and the kids. I got to spend the morning sleeping in a bit and then Charlie and (...I almost said "the boys") Carter, Logan AND Ava took me out to breakfast. Carter wanted to take me to IHOP. One just opened up by us and he heard from his friend Jack that they have chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream. He loved my Mother's Day breakfast, he was in heaven! Before we left I got to open my gift from Carter. At school he made a card and present and he even made the wrapping paper. It was adorable - I got a frame he made with a picture of him on the school playground, a card that says "I love my mommy because she lets me watch cartoons and ride my bike" and he cut out a picture of a gorgeous vase and pearl earrings from Tiffany's. His teacher put together a book of photos with him from a bunch of different activities from his year at school.


A bit after noon we headed out to my Mom's house to celebrate and we got to visit with my Grandma who took the long trip up for the first time in a very long time. It was so great for me to see her and the boys too. She held Ava and it was so nice to be with her, my Mom, the Aunties, and the cousins for the day. We took some pictures of the kids with Great Grandma Gridley, but not with my camera...Charlie got a pizza and we had a late dinner that was somewhat interrupted and stretched out as we took turns trying to get Ava relaxed and asleep not in someone's arms. Around 8:45, after all the kids were tucked in we stayed up to catch up on a few episodes of Celebrity Apprentice. I'm the luckiest Mom in the world!
I even got a special song from Carter...
P.S. Carter: L-O-V-E spells love!
1 comment:
wow...that song made me cry! I bet you had some waterworks going:)
Post a Comment