9.07.2009

preschool

This week is big. Another week of me letting go. Letting my little Logan take a big step into the world of school. My little boy who is clingy, whiny, sweet, and slow to warm up. My pretty eyes who can take down anyone who's ready to rumble once he's been out there for thirty minutes or so. My everyday-is-oatmeal-day boy who wants breakfast the instant he leaves his bed in the morning and demands "nacks" instead of lunch or dinner. My sneaky-pants kid who's become quick to blame his brother even if he started it. He's off to preschool two days a week and speech class two other days. He's excited to have two schools and two teachers, wishes he was going on a school bus, loves his new Cars "pack-pack," and is in for a big surprise when he realizes he doesn't need his lunchbox. He's not interested in making new friends. I asked. But he wants to go. I'll be thinking of him tomorrow morning at exactly 8:30 hoping he gets out of the car without any hesitation. I'm grateful he's got a little buddy from Gayle's getting out of the car with him and a familiar face in the classroom. It's the first time he won't have his big brother's footsteps to follow in. Mrs. Dawn, take care of my littlest boy. He doesn't like attention when he's feeling uncomfortable. He's quiet. He's independent. He's coming to school in the morning. Be brave Lo, have fun and learn lots and lots! I'm so proud of you!

No comments: