12.22.2007

naughty or nice?

What a week we've had! Santa, I hope your checking up on the blog! You'll have to check your list to see who's been naughty and nice...

Here goes! Monday after school I ran to Jewel to pick up some groceries with the boys. Long story short, Tuesday night there was a lemon in Carter's coat pocket. Apparently he didn't know we pay for things we want from the grocerty store and had a craving for lemon pie he thought I could make with him. I suppose we've never really talked about purchasing things with money before or the fact that I don't know how to make a lemon pie! Well, we've talked about stealing and buying things with money now and I think he's learned his lesson. Wednesday, Carter brought the lemon back to Jewel with some change from his piggy bank. He approached the Customer Service counter by saying "Hi my name is Carter and I'm sorry I put this lemon in my pocket but I have money now. I want to buy it." She counted out 4 quarters from his money and told him she'd get him some change and a receipt. Thank goodness she used her own Preferred Card out of the kindness of her heart, because otherwise that little lemon would have been 95 cents! She handled it nicely and reminded him that he can't take anything from any stores without paying. As we walked out of the store he must have told three people "Look I have a lemon and a receipt!" Yep, that receipt is going in his scrapbook for sure! The lemon on the other hand...

THEN, Wednesday night we visited Santa at the mall and finished up some Christmas shopping. We didn't get home until just before nine, so Charlie tucked the boys in bed, or so we thought....We assumed Carter was reading in his room and going to call me for his last story, however he was going to town in the bathroom with a jar of Desitin! Yep, Desitin! He was absolutely covered from head to toe -- hair, eyelashes, belly button, all the way down to his toes, seriously EVERY INCH of his body -- in that thick thick thick white cream. After the initial shock of it all, an hour and a half in the shower and two calls to poison control Carter says "Mom, I've never been to the circus before. I couldn't sleep and I wanted to be a clown." Then he tells me "I know it was bad, but did it make you laugh just a little?" I was too shocked and scared about it being EVERYWHERE and so close to his eyes that I didn't grab my camera to capture the memory.

Carter better watch out! Santa Claus is coming to town...

1 comment:

lisa said...

Wow Julie. Those are so crazy stories. Thanks for sharing. It scares me for my kids to get to Carter's age.