4.03.2009

mystery reader

Today I got to be Mystery Reader in Carter's classroom! I walked in as they were finishing snacks and Carter said, "It's my mom, it's my mom! She's gonna read to us!" He was so over his rainbow goldfish and juice, he cleaned up and headed for the reading rug! Of course as kids came over he'd tell them, "That's my mom, she's a teacher!" I've never had someone as proud of me as he is - he tells EVERYONE I'm a teacher. I read two stories I know he loves, Little Pea and Some Dogs Do. He was such a good listener telling the kids "you're gonna love this book!" and when I was done Mrs. Sheidecker took our picture together! When I was done I asked him "what's next?" and he said "well, mom, you get to leave with your kid!" And you know what, there's no one else in the world I'd rather have left with! I love how happy he was to see me there and I only wish I could be more involved in his classroom.

1 comment:

Jen Vincent said...

So fun! That is so great. I can tell you loved that moment! When I get to the sitter to pick up Jordan and he sees me, he always says, "My mommy!" It's sweet.