4.01.2009

rainy day

I'm on Spring Break - Carter's was last week - and Tuesday was rainy, cloudy, and blah. We met some friends from work for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and afterward I took the boys to The DuPage Children's Museum. It's pretty much the only fun filled outing we'll be taking over break since Carter's got school and Charlie's leaving for Vegas on Thursday night and I'm so close to having the baby. Boy were we worn out! The boys had tons of fun wandering and exploring everything there. Bubbles, water, wind, building, music...I really don't know what they liked best. Everything they did was fun. Later that night, Carter was telling me how much he liked it and said "it wasn't what I imagined in my head before we got there - it was even better!" I love that place and don't know why we don't go more often. Carter's been there with me maybe twice and not since after Logan was born. Maybe this summer on hot unbearable days we'll head over there. They'd like Daddy to go with to help build a birdhouse in the workshop. Little do they know Daddy's good with tools on cars, hammers and nails? Not so much.

No comments: