8.30.2009

kindergarten round up & first day of school

Thursday afternoon was Kindergarten Round Up where Carter and I were able to meet the teacher, explore the classroom, and drop off all of his supplies. I was in a parent meeting for a couple hours learning about teachers, schedules, policies, procedures, arrival, dismissal, curriculum and more while he had his first half day in his new school. Carter had lots of fun! They did a couple projects, learned a song and dance, read books, heard stories. I had lots of fun too and lots of tears (not in front of him, of course! but during principal's and curriculum director's presentations!). Really, I'm so excited for him. Take a look at his new school!

southbury elementarywe heart sharks!class lists postedhanging his backpack full of suppliesmeeting mrs. westerfield
carter's table spotwriting their names
Friday was Carter's official first day of full day kindergarten. Charlie was home to get him out the door and on the bus. I told Carter Daddy'd be taking his picture on the porch, when the bus pulls up, as he got on and even waving out the window. Take a look at what I got. Dads are so different from Moms. Oh well.

the first day, on the porch

getting on the bus - nice try charlie

not. one. shot. of the big yellow bus.

1 comment:

Becky's Blog said...

Oh my god, I seriously am laughing. Men just aren't that great with the camera. At least that's what I've learned around here. :)

I cannot believe Carter is in kindergarten-yay!!! And I must be old because I feel like his teacher looks young!!!